Sunday, February 21, 2010

Smokey

Meet Smokey. Smokey is a 17 year old long haired miniature dachshund who weighs in at about 9 lbs. Even though he only seems to visually distinguish darks and lights, he gets around unfamiliar territory well with his sense of smell. He's deaf and arthritic and has no teeth but he is intrepid and gets what he needs when he needs it...like going out for a pee or snuggling up at night with my husband or son...he much prefers them to me! He loves turkey and cheese and the highlight of his day is his ball of cream cheese filled with his meds...yum! And he sleeps a lot...so would I if I were his age! Smokey visits us while his much loved Mom and Dad spend time in Arizona. You go, Smokey!

1 comment:

  1. Just want to let you know, I did a search for old dachshund photographs to show my husband (as I'm dying to get one) and came across your picture. Smokey is a just the type of dog I would love to have. He's adorable! Lucky you : ) Thanking for posting the picture.

    ReplyDelete