Monday, October 19, 2009

Movie Monday


My movie recommendation for this week is The Brothers Bloom . Not often do I happen on a great movie accidentally. I usually have an inkling of what's good and what's not. But I had never heard anything about this movie which stars Adrian Brody, Rachel Weisz and Mark Ruffalo. Attracted by the list of actors and the intriguing story line, I nabbed this DVD thinking it was a long shot. On the first viewing it was very good, but I was doing production work and wasn't concentrating. I missed enough to be a bit confused but saw enough to know it was a winner. On the second viewing the next night with my husband, I had a chance to catch all the subtleties. It is a creative telling of a whimsical story with great acting and a plot that runs toward love, sacrifice and eccentricity. This is a movie I will watch yet again and even would like to own, which is a rarity. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it! Thanks for the recommendation...I knit while I'm watching so I know what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete